Career Opportunity: Regulatory Scientist/Quality Assurance Specialist
The Acta Group, LLC (Acta®) and affiliated law firm Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) are seeking a Regulatory Scientist/Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to join our growing team of regulatory consultants, scientists, and policy experts. The Regulatory Scientist/QA Specialist will monitor studies and/or perform quality assurance for nonclinical Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP studies and laboratories, will assess studies and resulting scientific data for compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations, and will prepare documentation in support of product approvals and regulatory compliance in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. The QA Specialist will report to the Vice President of Scientific Affairs. This position will be a full-time remote/telecommuting position directed from our Washington, D.C. office even if filled by a local candidate.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Toxicology, Environmental Science, Animal Science, Chemistry, Biology, or a related science;
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience as a study director or QA auditor in support of nonclinical regulatory testing conducted at GLP contract laboratories (e.g., toxicology, ecotoxicology, environmental fate, physical/chemical properties, analytical characterization, storage stability, and/or product efficacy studies);
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) GLPs;
- Self-directed with strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable in collaborative/matrix environment; and
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically Microsoft® Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe®.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to Acta’s Telecommuter Policy.
The Acta Group, LLC (Acta®) is a scientific and regulatory consulting firm with offices in Washington D.C.; Manchester, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Beijing, China. Acta provides strategic, comprehensive support for global chemical registration, regulation, and sustained compliance. We help companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. Acta is affiliated with Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®), a Washington D.C. law firm focusing on conventional, biobased, and nanoscale industrial, agricultural, and specialty chemical product approval and regulation, product defense, and associated business issues. Much more information is available at our websites: www.actagroup.com and www.lawbc.com.
We hire professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best, we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
Acta is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from members of historically underrepresented communities. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements; and
- An explanation of demonstrated competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.