James P. Herrick
James P. Herrick, Regulatory Consultant with The Acta Group (Acta®), brings nearly two decades of experience with Fortune 500 companies developing, implementing, and managing worldwide environmental, health, and safety (EHS) compliance. Mr. Herrick has gained an exceptionally broad understanding of international chemical regulatory programs while honing a remarkably focused instinct for lean methodologies and continuous improvement philosophies applied to corporate operations. His combination of regulatory knowledge and business acumen is a tremendous asset to companies seeking to achieve global regulatory compliance and business success in a competitive marketplace.
- Developed and deployed EH&S strategy for a multi-national’s new product introduction process, including System Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP) safety data sheet (SDS) and label authoring, transportation regulations, chemical substance inventory troubleshooting, and downstream customer communication.
- Assisted a corporation in assessing regulatory and systems compliance implications of acquisitions and divestitures.
- Assisted a chemical manufacturer in auditing label activities to develop subsequently label solutions for toll manufacturing sites in India.
- Developed materials and provided training for a company implementing SAP EHS programs in Brazil and eight Asia and Pacific Rim countries.
- Provided strategy and project management for the successful implementation of GHS 2015 in the United States, Europe, Brazil, and Singapore in the 2015 GHS Implementation Project, producing over 200,000 SDSs for nearly 10,000 finished goods.
- Provided Responsible Care label standard language and guidelines for a large international chemical company.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC) Professional Development Committee, 2022 – present