All ACTA News
Thursday, November 17, 2016, 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
The Mexican and Central and South American chemical regulatory environment is challenging to understand, with relatively little consistency, even among neighboring countries. The region is home to two major trading blocs, MERCOSUR (Mercado Común Del Sur) and the Andean Community of Nations (Comunidad Andina). Similar in basic concept to the European Union, these blocs impose overarching regulation and legislation on the individual member countries that often do not exist locally.
The Acta Group (Acta®) is pleased to offer its clients and friends a complimentary webinar to provide information and insight to help you achieve commercial success in this rapidly expanding region, including an overview of regulatory opportunities and challenges resulting from regional growing pains, plus a detailed explanation of recent regulatory actions, including:
- Brazilian Industrial Chemicals Regulation (Regulação de Substâncias Químicas Industriais);
- Key Brazilian regulations pertaining to food contact materials (Resolução - RDC nº 88, 89, and 90);
- Recently released Argentinian Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) regulation (SRT No. 3359/2015); and
- Mexican Safety Data Sheet (SDS) standard (NOM-018-STPS-2015), scheduled for full implementation in October 2018.
This 1-hour webinar will be vital to companies seeking to gain a more thorough understanding of chemical regulations in Mexico and Central and South America, as well as those working to comply with a myriad of compliance deadlines across the region. The webinar, moderated by Lynn L. Bergeson, President, Acta, and presented by Michael S. Wenk, M.S., Senior Regulatory Consultant with Acta, will consist of 45 minutes of presentation with a 15-minute Q&A period at the end.
Michael S. Wenk, M.S., is an internationally-recognized expert in chemical registration and regulation in Central and South America and the Middle East. Through his career managing global regulatory affairs and product stewardship divisions at Fortune 500 chemical and chemical product companies and as a consultant, Mr. Wenk has developed direct regulatory authority contacts in, and thorough knowledge of the regulatory and cultural characteristics of, Mexico and Central and South America.
- Key countries -- Argentina, Brazil, Mexico;
- Common regional regulatory themes;
- Regulatory structures, ministries, agencies, and their roles;
- Key chemical legislation in the region;
- SDS and GHS;
- Food contact;
- Pesticides and fertilizers; and
- Endocrine disruptors.
Speaker: Michael S. Wenk, M.S., Senior Regulatory Consultant, Acta
The Acta Group (Acta®) assists chemical and product manufacturers in marketing and sustaining their products globally. From offices in the U.S., the European Union, and Asia, we support our clients’ products from concept to approval so they get to market quickly and efficiently and stay there when challenged by a new issue or set of rules. Acta is the consulting affiliate of Washington, D.C.-based law firm Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.