Career Opportunity: Acta Affiliate Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. Seeking Bookkeeper
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is seeking a bookkeeper to join our law firm and affiliated consulting firm The Acta Group and consortia management firm B&C Consortia Management with offices in the U.S. and UK. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. location. Candidate will be responsible for daily activities of firm financial operations, including client billing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. Applicants must have prior law firm or professional services firm accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting role with a law firm (preferred), or other professional services firm such as an accounting firm or consultancy;
- Experience with legal and accounting software, including Aderant, Quickbooks, and Paychex;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to organize, monitor, and track numerous ongoing and one-time activities, events, and projects;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, and collections;
- Managing and processing payroll;
- Managing and processing the general ledger;
- Performing month-end closings;
- Identifying, advising, and resolving accounting/billing errors and discrepancies; and
- Monitoring cash positions and preparing cash forecasts for partners.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is a highly-regarded Washington, D.C. law firm that helps companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. More information is available at our website: www.lawbc.com.
B&C hires professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best, we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
Our LEED-certified Washington, D.C. location has a complimentary fitness facility and is convenient to Metro (Foggy Bottom station), the George Washington University campus, and a wide variety of markets and restaurants.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented communities. Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- Your salary requirements;
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements; and
- An illustration of your own competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.