Career Opportunity – Assistant Regulatory Compliance Chemist
The Acta Group L.L.C. (Acta) affiliate Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is seeking an assistant regulatory compliance chemist to join our growing team of regulatory consultants, scientists, and policy experts. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. office, although telework arrangements may be considered for the right candidate. Applicants must have experience with the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA), the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), or other global chemical regulatory systems. Applicants should hold a BSc., B.A., or equivalent degree in chemistry.
- BSc., B.A., or equivalent degree in chemistry;
- 2+ years of relevant experience assisting with TSCA, CEPA, and/or REACH compliance with an industrial chemical or agrichemical manufacturer, processor, or in a related industry;
- Ability to manage assigned work to ensure timely completion, including coordination with team members for literature searches, data entry, robust study summaries, and substance/technical dossiers;
- Strong project management and client communication skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- Comfortable in collaborative/matrix environment.
Bergeson& Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is a Washington, D.C. law firm that helps companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. B&C is your global business partner for chemical law and science®. More information is available at our website: www.lawbc.com.
B&C hires professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
Our LEED-certified Washington, D.C. location has a complimentary fitness facility and is convenient to Metro (Foggy Bottom station), the George Washington University campus, and a wide variety of markets and restaurants.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented communities. Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- Your salary requirements;
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements; and
- An illustration of your own competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.