Career Opportunity – Regulatory Compliance Chemist or Senior Regulatory Compliance Chemist
The Acta Group L.L.C. (Acta) affilate Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is seeking a regulatory compliance chemist to join our growing team of scientists, regulatory consultants, and policy experts. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. office, although telework arrangements may be considered for the right candidate. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or related science and be must be highly experienced with the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA), and other global regulatory systems.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related science;
- Minimum 5 years of experience (Regulatory Compliance Chemist) or 10 years of experience (Senior Regulatory Compliance Chemist) directly engaged with regulatory compliance and product stewardship at an industrial chemical or agrichemical product manufacturer or processor, or with a regulatory agency;
- Experience with REACH, TSCA, CEPA, and other global regulatory systems;
- Strong skills interpreting analytic chemistry results (e.g., multinuclear NMR, LC/GC-MS, FT-IR);
- Ability to manage assigned work to ensure timely completion, including coordination with team members for literature searches, data entry, robust study summaries, and substance/technical dossiers;
- Self-directed with strong project management and client communication skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to oversee the work of others (Senior Chemist position only); and
- Comfortable in collaborative/matrix environment.
Bergeson& Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is a Washington, D.C. law firm that helps companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. B&C is your global business partner for chemical law and science®. More information is available at our website: www.lawbc.com.
B&C hires professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
Our LEED-certified Washington, D.C. location has a complimentary fitness facility and is convenient to Metro (Foggy Bottom station), the George Washington University campus, and a wide variety of markets and restaurants.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented communities. Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- Your salary requirements;
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements; and
- An illustration of your own competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.