Emma Louise Jackson
Emma Louise Jackson, The Acta Group’s (Acta®) Manager, REACH, is distinguished by more than a decade of experience in regulatory environments, assisting clients to achieve regulatory compliance in the United Kingdom (UK), the European Union (EU), the Americas, and Asia. She offers particular expertise in worldwide chemical notifications, data analysis, preparing test plans, and managing to completion large and complex compliance projects cost-effectively and harmoniously across multiple jurisdictions. Her focus is on compliance for industrial chemicals and chemical products.
- Assists clients with complex REACH projects, including one for a gas substance, by using many different methods, including read-across and expert statements, to ensure compliance and successful registration.
- Assisted a global manufacturer of industrial and consumer products to maintain its supply in the UK after the UK’s departure from the EU.
- Assisted with testing strategies for substances requiring registration in multiple countries to ensure compliance and therefore successful registration in all jurisdictions.
- Reviewed existing product labels and SDSs (providing amendments as necessary) to ensure compliance for the EU and worldwide across a broad spectrum of substances, mixtures, and products.
- Through REACH and CLP compliance audits, highlighted deficiencies and worked with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) and EU Member State Competent Authorities to achieve compliance swiftly and cost-effectively without supply chain disruption.
- Liaised regularly with supply chains to ensure that regulatory information, critical for ensuring market and supply chain stability, is effectively and efficiently communicated to all applicable levels.
Articles and Writings
Emma L. Jackson, Louise C. Boardall, Zameer Qureshi, “Top Questions for Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF) Participation,” Elements, the Magazine of Chemicals Northwest, Summer, 2016.
A. Alwitry, E. Jackson, H. Chen, and R. Holden. “The Use of Surgical Facemasks during Cataract Surgery: Is It Necessary?,” British Journal of Ophthalmology. (2002) Sept. 86(9):975-977.
“Global Notification,” Chemicals Northwest REACH Users Group, Manchester, England (September 15, 2015).